though La vie en rose is my “pink zone” and I cherish filling it with cute bits and lovely ramblings, today I feel like mulling over some less poetic aspects of everyday life.
Don’t worry, there will be a pink happy ending.
Further to a few annoying encounters I have experienced over the past week, I have concluded that there are two kinds of mean people:
– those who unload their frustration and cultivate their self esteem by belittling others with unpleasant remarks
– those whose adulating manners hide the purpose of luring you into buying something/doing something for them, thus insulting your intelligence
Though I try to live by Don Miguel Ruiz’s wise teaching “Don’t take anything personally”, I’m yet far from rising to the ideal of Epicurean ataraxia.
This is how my feelings evolve when I realise I’m being bullied:
– I’m taken aback by the outrageous behaviour
– I get angry at myself for not being able to respond promptly and conveniently
– I comfort myself by devising a clever reply for the next time it happens
BUT IN THE END I ask myself:
Would I rather be that kind of person who takes pleasure in imposing her superiority on others?
No thank you!
I will be loyal to my true self and my victory will be the love I get from those who share my same ideals of kindness-dispensing-love-spreading-rosebud-carpeting-bow-cuteness-sharing-pink-topping- Ness.
But tell me pretties, how do YOU cope with meanness?
I’d love to know your insight, as I’m sure your wise selves will come up with some useful tips.
Big hugs smiles and kisses to you